Samer El Sayary is an assistant professor of Architecture, researcher, and award-winning architect with a special passion for Outer space architecture.
Graduated in 2001 with honors, top of his class, and through the years he received many national and international awards (40 awards and prizes till the year 2021) from 4 different continents, like:
- 1st Prize Mars City design foundation (Los Angeles, 2017)
- Jacques Rougerie Foundation (Paris 2016, 2018 & 2020)
- Kuala Lumpur International Architectural Festival (Malaysia 2019)
-1st Prize Mediterranean scientific forum "MEDIBAT", (Tunisia 2011)
-Hasan Fathy award for sustainable architecture (Egypt - Twice 2011& 2013)
-Honored by Society of Egyptian Architects (S.E.A 2017) as one of the best 100 architects in the last 100 years in Egypt.….to name a few.
His work is exhibited in several countries including NASA Johnson Space Center in Houston (USA) 2019, Medcop 21 France 2015, United Nations Office For Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA) 2021 & Paris 2016, Greece 2015, Tunisia 2011, Egypt 2011 & 2013, Malaysia 2019 among other countries.
His work also has been featured in the Discovery channel UK documentary, Dutch TV, California Dreamers channel, Wired magazine 2017, Up- magazine and L’arca magazine, Architecture d'aujordhui special edition 2021, Fiabci 2020, universetoday.com, designboom.com, archdaily.com, spacearchitect.org among many others.
Dr. El Sayary was invited as a guest speaker delivering public talks in numerous venues as in AIAA LA/LV (American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics) 2020, Forbes middle east magazine, TEDx BAU 2016, GoLive TV channel, IdeaXme UK 2021, Digital futures 2021, Crew central Asia 2021, among others.
In addition to being invited as a Keynote speaker in several conferences, he made TV interviews in 7 different countries.
Also Published several Scientific papers including Q1 Journals and reputable International Conferences after turning his awards into scientific research.
Besides his career he served as:
-A Jury member for various international design and architecture competitions as Mars society 2020 colonies, IDS Cairo 2020, BIM Africa 2021 awards.
- Mars City Design ambassador for 3 years (2017-2020).
- Junior ambassador for Jacques Rougerie Foundation since 2019.
- ideaXme ambassador since 2021.
- Autodesk certified instructor (ACI) in both digital design and BIM since 2012.
- Autodesk-approved instructor (AAI) since 2008.
He also taught in numerous workshops in 13 different countries over 10,000 trainees during the last 20 years
1-Farsi Award of Architecture,1998.
2-Medina magazine, Furniture Design Competition, 2000 (First Prize).
3-Medina magazine, Smart Village Competition, 2001 (First Prize).
4-American University of Sharjah (Arch.& Sustainability),2001 (Honorable Prize).
5-Tasmeem magazine, Mobile Library Unit, 2002 (Second Prize).
6-Ain Shams University Future Architecture 2100, 2005 (Honorable prize).
7-Al Benaa Al Araby magazine,Enhancing Urban Life, 2006 (Second Prize).
8-Urban Enhancement Center, Egypts Facade, 2007 (First Prize).
9-Gold World Council with Hammer group, Golden Jewelry,2008 (Honorable Mention).
10-Magaz magazine, Future Schools,2009 (Honorable Prize).
11-Arcbazar, Newyork Clinic Design, 2011 ( Honorable Prize).
12-Fablab, Fanoos Ramadan Design, 2012 (Honorable Prize).
13-Hassan Fathy Award, Bayt Al Suhaimy 2011, 2012 (Silver Award).
14-Medibat scientific forum, Self Sufficient Islamic House 2013 (First prize).
15-Arcbazar Sedona, Arizona Self sufficient house, 2013 (Honorable prize).
16-Architecture Revolution Space station, 2013 (Honorable Mention)
17-Hassan Fathy Silver award, 2013 for interior design.
18-Eco-House design competition, by Arab academy of science and technology 2014, (First Prize).
19-Top Egyptian Architects award by Egypt Building Show 2015 (Selected as one of the best Egyptian Architectural practices).
20-Selected to be showcased in Marseille, France in Medcop21 2015 Conference, (Agence des Ville et Territoires Méditerranéens Durables (AViTeM)) June 2015.
21. Hope and work Olympics competition, Egyptian Syndicate of Engineers 2015, (Third prize).
22.Jacques Rougerie Fondation Competition 2015 space architecture, (Short Listed Finalist).
23.‘Accordion Shelter’ Sheltering Humanity: Emergency-hosting proposals for people in the Mediterranean Sea, MOHA Research Center and ‘Sheltering Humanity’ (special mention).
24.Jacques Rougerie Fondation Competition 2016 space architecture, 2016, Coup de Couer Award.
25.Mars City Design Foundation 2017 (1st prize energy category)
26.Honored and awarded among 100 best architects in Egypt in the last 100 year by the Society of Egyptian Architects.
27.Jacques Rougerie Fondation Competition 2017 space architecture (Shortlisted Finalist).
28.Jacques Rougerie Fondation Competition 2018 space architecture, (Lunar Village) Focus award.
29.First Mars Colony space architecture in KualaLumpur Architectural Festival 2019 (KLAF), Third Prize.
30.Sustainable Houses through Enneagram Competition in St. Catherine, Cairo 2019, Bayet Al Mimar Al Masry, (First Prize winner)
31.Jacques Rougerie Fondation Competition 2019 space architecture, (Shortlisted Finalist).
32. Abdullatif Al Fozan Award for Mosque Accessories 2020 winner.
33.Mars Society 2020 convention poster contest (First prize winner)
34.Jacques Rougerie Fondation Competition 2020 space architecture, (Lunar Village) Focus award.
35. TAtchers' ART Management for Digital art of Space art exhibiting artist.
36. Moon society competition 2021, special mention for lunar habitat design
37. Vinfast international Global showroom design, the Consolation award
38. Cairo Construction Hub for sustainable architecture.
39. LYX international competition, Honorable Prize UAE MARS Colony 2117
40. Alliance for Humanitarian Architecture, Refugees shelter, Honorable Prize. Japan 2021
Virtual Design and Digital Fabrication Experience
1. Experience in aspects of digital fabrication and design in the context of the built environment.
2. The ability to conceive effective and creative pedagogies and deliver those in the context of the architectural design studio and relevant taught postgraduate programs.
3. Teaching the aspects of digital fabrication techniques in both theoretical and practical areas of investigation with a specialist focus in areas such as parametric design, design of virtual
environments, manufacturing and mass customisation, digital modelling and animation, interactive
design, digital games, working with big data, representation and visualisation, sensory design,
digital narratives, digital theories and culture.
4.Investigating through research the relationships between digital and craft production, or digital fabrication cultures.
5.Supervising research through academic publications and/or exhibition and publication of design work.
6.Postgraduate teaching in digital design, media, and fabrication.
7. key responsibility in the planning and co-ordination of a digital design pathway through design studio curriculum